Want to revamp your room but your parents won't take you shopping for new furniture? (That stuff's expensive!) See if they'll be cool with this awesome DIY headboard -- it's made of pool noodles, which means three things: It's cheap, it can come in super fun colors, and it feels awesome (which is great if, like some of us, you're clumsy and prone to hitting your head).
Here's what you'll need, courtesy of Spoonful:
- wrapping or craft paper
- large foam core sheet or (or just two smaller sheets duct taped together)
- craft knife and serrated kitchen knife (Note: You may want to get mom or dad to help out here if you're clumsy!)
- pool noodles
- hot glue gun (Again, if you're a klutz like me, this may be mom or dad's job!)
- picture hanging strips
And here's how to do it:
- Trace your headboard onto the craft or wrapping paper and cut it out.
- Trace the pattern onto the foam core sheet. Then either you or an adult can trace around the stencil with the craft knife. Next, you or your adult helper can cut out the shape from the foam.
- Using the kitchen knife, either you or an adult can cut the noodles to the height of the foam board. Once you've done that, slice the noodles down the middle.
- Beginning in the center then working your way out towards the sides, either you or an adult can hot glue the flat sides of the noodles to the foam board.
- Stick the new headboard either to your old headboard or to the wall with the picture hanging strips.
Voila! How awesome is your bed's new look?
Would you try a noodle headboard? What colors would you try? Tell us in the comments!